This Healthy Pumpkin Cornbread is one of my favorites! It is so soft and aromatic! It is very easy to make. And of course, it is low-calorie which makes it a perfect guilt-free treat for Fall (and beyond)!
I love pumpkin. Everything pumpkin is so special for me! It smells like fall. It’s healthy. And it offers so many possibilities for a yummy treat-making!
Pumpkin everything also looks amazing on the table at Fall! I have been into decorating lately, and the orange colors for Fall make perfect sense! I love adding the sprinkles of orange color to the room and kitchen décor! The orange color is bright and merry, and it certainly sets the Fall mood!
But what about the kitchen table? Having an orange pumpkin-scented treat on the table looks amazing during Fall gatherings or when you just want to bake it for the family!
Baking the Healthy Pumpkin Cornbread
The Healthy Pumpkin Cornbread is very easy to prepare! All it takes is just mixing all the ingredients in one bowl. I like starting with whisking the eggs to make sure that they are whisked and uniform.
After you have added all the ingredients in the mixing bowl and mixing them together, I like to let the dough sit for an hour or less if you don’t have much time. This allows the corn flour to soak in the moisture which makes a softer, less crumbly cornbread with a perfect texture.
Storing the Healthy Pumpkin Cornbread
The Healthy Pumpkin Cornbread can be stored at room temperature for a few days. After 3-4 days I would store it in the fridge for up to a week or in the freezer for a few months.
I like cutting the cornbread into slices and taking it for breakfast or snack to work or give to my kids to take to school.
Healthy Pumpkin Cornbread
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 cup cornmeal fine cornmeal works best
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour oat flour for gluten-free
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup oil
- 3 egg whites
- 6 oz Greek yogurt fat-free
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. pumpkin spice
- Prepare a 9-inch round or 8X8 squire pan by lining it with parchment paper or smearing with some oil and sprinkling with flour.
- In a large bowl whisk together the egg whites until uniform. Add all the wet ingredients. Whisk.
- Add all the dry ingredients and whisk well.
- Let the dough sit for 30 min – 1 hour to let the cornmeal soak the moisture in.
- 5-10 minutes before you are ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Pour the dough into the pan and bake for 30-40 minutes. Check to see if the bread is cooked by inserting a toothpick in the middle. If the toothpick comes out dry, the bread is ready. If it is wet, bake for an extra 10 minutes.