These Healthy Madeline Cookies are easy to make, they are soft, yummy and buttery. Additionally, they are just 56 calories each! They are an ultimate treat for every celebration! However, you can also have these Healthy Madeline Cookies for a snack or even for breakfast!
The Madeline Cookies
The Madeline cookies have a special place in my heart! When my younger son was three years old we used to take my older son to school first, early in the morning. My younger son’s preschool did not begin until an hour later and we used to go to the Coffee Bean to spend the time until he needed to be at the preschool. At the Coffee Bean he always wanted to buy the Madeline cookies. They sold them in the packs of three, and he would have two, and I sometimes had the third one. I guess I didn’t realize it back then how cherished these memories will become once he grew up!
However, even though we do not go to the Coffee Bean so much anymore (my son is in high school and will soon be driving!), we still love the Madeline cookies! And what can be better than the sweet store-bough cookies? Only the home made ones, of course!
The Healthy Madeline Cookies Preparation
Making these Healthy Madeline Cookies is very easy, even though they do look quite fancy! The most important part is to have the Madeline mold! Other than that, these are one of the easiest cookies to make, because there is no rolling, slicing or shaping the cookies involved! These cookies are basically like little cakes: the soft dough poured into the mold!
One other important part is to dust these cookies with confectioner’s sugar: this is important because the cookies themselves are lower in sugar than the store-bough variety. However, dusted in the confectioner’s sugar the cookies taste absolutely decadent and very sweet!
Oh, and please don’t forget to check out the other cookies recipes on the site! And let me know which ones you love best!
Healthy Madeline Cookies
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. confectioner's sugar for dusting
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. lemon zest optional
- 2 oz. butter softened
- 2 oz. fat-free Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Brush the Madeline mold with some oil or melted butter and dust with some flour.
- In a medium bowl whip the eggs with the sugar. Add the softened butter, yogurt and vanilla extract. Whip together.
- Whisk together the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Whisk the dry mixture into the wet mixture. Whisk until incorporated.
- Spoon the dough in the molds, about 3/4 of the way into each mold.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden.
- Let the cookies cool for about 10 minutes. Take the cookies out of the molds and dust them with confectioner's sugar.